Sunday, April 28, 2013

The Voice


I don’t watch very many television shows that are currently on air, due to my addiction to Netflix. But one show that I have recently started watching and really enjoy is The Voice. Some people might say that is just like American Idol, but I think it is much different and enjoy it much more. One reason for that is because they actually have good performers. On American Idol I feel like they pick some good singers and then some shitty ones just for some comedy relief. But on The Voice almost everyone that even tries out is pretty dang good.

          For those of you who have never seen The Voice I will explain what happens a little bit. So first, there are four coaches: Blake Shelton, Usher, Shakira, and Adam Levine. The first five episodes are just straight auditions. And they are blind auditions, which I think is pretty cool because that way the performer isn’t judged on their looks, only on their voice. And it also might help calm some nerves since the celebrities are not watching them the whole time. During these blind auditions the coaches each choose 12 singers to be on their team. Then the next few episodes are the battle rounds. These consist of two people from the same team singing a duet. One person is eliminated from each duet. But each coach also has two chances to steal someone that has been eliminated from another team; leaving each coach with eight people on their team. Next comes the knockout rounds. Same thing as battle rounds only they are singing different songs (one at a time) and steals are gone. This leaves four singers on each of the four coaches’ teams. And into live shows we go. Being as I have not seen any live shows at this point in my viewing history, I am not going to even pretend to act like I know what happens on those shows.

          Earlier I mentioned that I like The Voice better than American Idol because they, overall, have better singers. Another thing I think is cool about THE VOICE is that the competitors have coaches. I really like this because this way they are actually getting better and have people who do this for a living showing them what to do and giving them pointers on, not only singing, but stage presence and entertaining the crowd, too.

(405 words)

No comments:

Post a Comment