Sunday, April 28, 2013

Hallway Couples


Walking down the hallways at Kennedy is hard to do sometimes because there are so many people. For me the last thing I want to see as I’m going down the hallway is PDA.

          PDA is a broad term. It could be from holding hands to making out. I don’t have a problem with couples holding hands as they walk down the hallway or hugging before class. It’s when they take it to a whole new level and stand in the middle of the hallway and make out before they have to go to class.

          When people do this it makes walking down the hallway uncomfortable for other students and teachers. I know that I don’t want to see it, so why would a teacher.

          I feel like if I were one of the people making out in the hallway I would feel uncomfortable with everyone watching. I wouldn’t want my teacher or Dr. W. to see me making out with my boyfriend.

          I don’t know how they even have that much time. We only have five minutes and depending on where your classes are there isn’t time for PDA.

          Not only is PDA a concern of others not wanting to see it, it takes up space in the hallway. When couples stand in front of lockers, they are in the way of others trying to get into them. How awkward would it be if you had to ask or be asked to stop making out so someone could get in their locker?

          Then there are people who stop in the middle of the hallway so no one can get around them. There are enough obstacles in the halls as it is with people coming and going in so many different directions. We don’t need to add anymore.

          I think that we should put an end to PDA because no one wants to see it and there is no room or time for it.

 (328 words)

No comments:

Post a Comment