Sunday, March 31, 2013

Tattoos and Piercings


As young and rebellious teenagers, we all have thought about getting a tattoo and multiple different piercings. But because most of us aren’t 18 yet we can’t do them without our parent’s permission. This pretty much sucks in our minds right now, but, in all honesty, is probably for the best. We all hate to admit it, but our parents are wiser than us and have had more experiences than us and when they don’t let us do something, it is probably for a good reason.

          Getting a tattoo is a big deal. It is there forever so if you do get one, you better make it count. I, personally, really like tattoos—well, some of them anyway. I think that a tattoo should have a significant meaning to you. It’s dumb to get a random tattoo just to get a tattoo. And depending on what it is, I would say smaller ones look better than ones that take a whole leg or arm. Like I said before, it is permanent and you are going to have it forever. So think about how it is going to look when you are old and wrinkly.

          Because piercings are not a permanent mark on your body, I feel like people experiment with them more. I would say that the most common places teenage girls want to get them are their nose, belly button, and every inch of their ears. I won’t lie, I have considered getting all of those before, but if I ever do, I don’t think I will until college. One thing I absolutely can’t stand are gauges. I just think they are so ugly and are honestly kind of gross (mainly the big ones, the small ones I can handle).

          I guess the point of this blog is to convince everyone to think about doing something to your body before you do it. You don’t want to regret getting something later in life that you can’t get rid of. On the other hand, it is ultimately your body and you are going to do whatever you want to it. So go for it. Live your life.

(360 words)

No comments:

Post a Comment