Sunday, March 17, 2013

Blog, Blog, Blog


Is it just me or is the third blog always the hardest to do? I mean I have already come up with two decent topics and have made them drag out over 800 words. And now, I’m here, stuck with this third blog and nothing to write about. If you have read some of my other blogs, you may have noticed that I like to make lists. So sometimes, in class, instead of blogging I make lists of possible topics that I could write about. Some of the ones I had for this week were: Spring break, St. Patrick’s Day, and bad drivers. I only used two from the list. Even though, I think of a lot of topics, when it comes to writing about them, I don’t have that much to say about them so I don’t use them; leaving me with blog #3.

          So what’s the point of this blog? Well, to help out people like me that just can’t think of last topic (or any topics). Sometimes it takes me hours to think of that last topic and by that time, I don’t feel like doing it anymore or have already given up. Which leaves me with a lower grade and that doesn’t help anyone. So here are some tips for anyone who needs a little help:

1.     Look up/think of current events: It doesn’t have to be strictly news topics. Use things that are happening at school or in sports (ex: March Madness)

2.    Look at other people’s blogs: Personally, I don’t like using the exact same topic as someone else because I don’t want it to seem like I copied them. But if you find one that you like and think you could write a lot about, twist it in a different direction; add something new.

3.    What do you do in your free time?: Think about a hobby you have or something you like to do and write about why you like it.

4.    How-to: Writing something about how to do or make something is always easy whether it is making a meal or painting your nails.

5.    Google!: there are always many great topics that people have written about on Google

This term, it has helped me to make a list of topics at the beginning or sometime during the week just to get started. I hope this helps!

(401 words)

No comments:

Post a Comment