Sunday, March 17, 2013

Driving


When we are young we rely on our parents for everything. We rely on them for feeding us, buying school supplies, and most importantly driving us where we need to go. As we get older—middle school years—we start to get embarrassed and frustrated by the fact we have to rely on our parents to get anywhere. So when we turn 14, we rush off to get our learners permit and take Driver’s Ed. not long after that. But still, we can really only go to school events and only during a set time of the day.

          Then we turn 16 and can finally get our license. Though it still has restrictions, we can go anywhere we want. Not only do we love this, but our parents love it too. Why, you ask. Well it’s simple, really, now you can run errands for them and, if you have younger siblings, you can take them where they need to go so they don’t have to.

          So, now that all of us probably have a year or two of driving under our belts (no pun intended), we have gotten the hang of what to and what not to do while driving. We have figured out where some cops like to sit and no longer speed in those areas. And we have realized just how bad and how many people suck at driving. Before I started driving, I would ride along in the car with my parents and then all of a sudden they would cuss or yell at another driver and I had no idea that driving could be so frustrating. But now, I completely understand. I have made my fair share of mistakes on the road and I know it. I also would like to apologize to anyone out there that I have pissed off while driving because I know how annoying and frustrating it can be.

          One of my biggest pet peeves while driving is when people drive UNDER the speed limit. I do not understand this one bit. Like, honestly, just go faster. You aren’t going to get pulled over for going the speed limit. It’s there for a reason. Another big one is when people don’t use their turn signals. It makes me wonder why they are pressing their brakes. Like, thanks for the heads up, bro.

          I guess, what I’m trying to say is that I may have some slight road rage. Maybe. But it’s not like I’m going to do something violent that will hurt anyone. I just get annoyed easily. And I’m guessing a lot of other people do, too. Just a warning, though, if you go under the speed limit, I will ride your ass. And nobody likes that. Not even me.

(462 words)

No comments:

Post a Comment