Sunday, March 31, 2013

Happy Easter


In my family, there is a set tradition for every holiday. And now that me and my sister (the babies in the family) are almost all grown up things are changing. When we were younger, we would always go to Grandma and Grandpa’s house on the farm and have an Easter egg hunt with all of the cousins. But a couple of years ago they moved out of that house so that was not the case today. Today we went to my aunt’s house for lunch and then proceeded to play cards and watch basketball. Not only did we not have an Easter egg hunt, but not all of the cousins were there.

          Although, there was only one cousin missing, it was still weird because she is the one that I always hang out with. She wasn’t there today because she recently moved to Florida for a year for a work opportunity. This goes to show how things really are changing as we grow up. We all missed having here there today, but we did however get to FaceTime her after we ate. This was nice so everyone got to talk to her, at least for a little bit. Even Grandma and Grandpa got to and let me tell you, watching them try to figure out how it worked was probably the funniest thing that happened all day.

          I guess I am not really sure whether or not you would consider FaceTime as social media. But if you do then it shows the complete opposite of my last post. Today FaceTime gave us the opportunity to see my cousin and talk to her as if she were there with us. So while she was on the beach and we were sitting around the kitchen table at her mom’s house, we got to be together on this holiday just like always.

(314 words)

No comments:

Post a Comment