Sunday, January 13, 2013

Surprise!


I love surprises and I loved to be surprised. The feeling of waking up on Christmas morning or my birthday is the best feeling ever because I wake up and know that the day will be full of surprises. And every year is different. Each year I grow up just a little more and start liking new things. Some people don’t like change or surprises, but I just can’t get enough of it.

          Trying new things is very fun for me. Especially when it comes to food and new recipes. I find a lot of new recipes on Pinterest (see earlier post “Pinterested?”). On that particular site, there are tons of different recipes thrown together. You could probably find close to anything on there that you might want. I like looking on that site because there are a lot of things that I’ve never tried or even heard of before. I just love the thrill of making something for the first time. Even if I fail miserably, it is a good experience and I can learn from my mistakes.

          On to the next stop: traveling. Visiting new places is honestly my favorite thing to do. I love walking around and just looking at everything and taking it all in. If I ever got the chance to study abroad in college, I would do it in a heartbeat. I have never been out of the country, but I want to so incredibly much. Also road tripping around the country would be fantastic.

           Ever since I was young I have wanted to paint and decorate my room. But I shared a room with my sister for a long time, so my parents never let me paint it until a few years ago. And now looking back, it is probably a good thing they didn’t let me because I have changed my mind on colors and designs about 1,000 times (that may or may not be a little bit exaggerated). But really, I have rearranged the furniture in my room at least 4 times in the last year. It’s slightly addicting to rearrange or get new picture frames or shelves. And it’s not just my room; I give my parents new ideas for the rest of the house as well. Maybe I should just make a career out of it…

          So I think that you’ve all gotten the drift that I like change and surprises. And you are probably tired of me rambling on about what I want to do with my life/what I do in my free time. Basically what I’m trying to say is, I don’t want to be the person listening to the stories about amazing places, I want to be the one telling them.

(458 words)

No comments:

Post a Comment