Sunday, September 2, 2012

Who Am I?


          Who am I? That’s not a simple question. It is a question with a variety of interpretations. For instance I could sit here and tell you about where I’m from and events from my childhood. Or I could go in a whole different direction and talk about my life as it is now and what I like to do for fun. But what really defines who you are? I think most everything in your life defines who you are as a person and why you are that way.

          So here it goes; I am Christine. I was born in Cedar Rapids, Iowa and raised in Robins, Iowa (which are practically the same place). I have lived in the same house since the day I was brought home from the hospital. I love my house though and I like the fact that I still live where all of my childhood memories were created.

Most of those memories were created with my little sister, Ashley. She is three years and three days younger than me. Our personalities couldn’t be any more different. Ashley has pretty much always been a tom boy and very into sports. Then there’s me who has always been a girly girl. Not saying that I don’t like sports, just not as much as she does. Being this way causes a lot of fights between us, but at the end of the day we still love each other.

Going into my girly girl side, I LOVE going shopping! I love buying new clothes. Shoes are definitely my favorite thing to buy. I have a ridiculous number of pairs. I like to shop in stores better, but online shopping is fun too.

Don’t forget about my sporty side, though. My favorite sport is volleyball. I have been since I was in fifth grade.  I used to play basketball, but I wasn’t very good and didn’t really like it so I quit. Tennis is another sport that I’m not very good at, but I think it is fun so I still play sometimes.

Family is an important part of my life. We always have get-togethers for birthdays and holidays. I don’t know what I would do without them. My friends are super important too. I even consider some of them family. I love hanging out with them no matter what we are doing.

My friends are definitely one of a kind. If someone didn’t know us they might think we were a little bit crazy. One thing we do a lot is quote movies; especially Bridesmaids. It’s really funny if you know what we are talking about!

Movies and music are a good way for me to express myself. I love listening to music, but I couldn’t pick my favorite genre if my life depended on it. I like so many different types. It really depends on what mood I’m in. I’ve recently really gotten into a group called ‘Pentatonix’. They are pretty amazing!

So I have gone from cities to family to personality to friends to music and movies. That stuff explains a lot about me and really that’s just the basics. There is so much more to me and that is why I think that the question ‘Who am I?’ is so hard to answer.
(550 words) 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment